In 1984 the chair of BMSTU «Robotic Systems» (RK-10) has been included in structure of the Center, and the department of retraining of engineers has been organized within.
The founder and of the chair was an outstanding scientist in the field of control systems - member of the Academy Popov E. P., the father of Russian robotics. During the period 1984 - 1990 he has been the first head of the chair. The first graduates were in 1991. Up to the year of 2001 250 engineers have been prepared.
Today the Center has 60 employees.
During the existance of the center the research was carried out on the following topics:
- Development of command systems of robots and multicomponent robotic systems;
- Development of distributed databases for different applications;
- Development of command systems and registration systems for warehouse units;
- Distribution of command systems for transport units;
- Development of logical command systems for robotic complexes;
- Development of software for command systems and real-time simulation;
- Distribution and installing safety and access control systems;
- Upgrading machines with CPU
- And etc.
Clients of the Center of Education and Research:
- FAPSI (development of command system of automatic shop),
- NPO «Radiator», Orenbourg (construction of automatic shop),
- Russian Emergencies Ministry (development of command system for a mobile robot),
- MSPO «Red proletarian», Moscow (development of automatic quality-control system for indystrial robots),
- NPO «Granat», Minsk ëÕÌßÉ (development of sensor system for industrial robot RM-01),
- Federal Security Service (development of command system for a special automatic shop),
- «Micromatika», Hungary, Institute of M. Pupin, former Yugoslavia (development of simulation, command and sensor systems for manipulators),
- And etc.
With the help of the professors of the chair, under editorships of E. P. Popov, special books were published, including «Scientific base of robotics», «Automatic manipulators and robotic systems», «Industrial robots and flexible production systems». Various teaching aids were published.